I saw this post on facebook and couldn’t agree more. As a coach I believe that I am shaping the future generations into the CEO’s of tomorrow. Please Read. And I just wanted to say thank you to my dad and mom. I am where I am today because of their support and time and effort they gave me so that I could go racing. I have been fortunate to become one of the best coaches in the World, but non of that would have been possible without them.
One of my friends asked “Why do you pay so much money for your kid to race go karts”? Well I have a confession to make; I don’t pay for my kid to race his kart.Personally, I couldn’t care less about karts
So, if I am not paying for kart racing, what am I paying for?
– I pay for those moments when my son becomes so tired he wants to quit but doesn’t.
– I pay for those days when my son comes home from school and is “too tired” to go to the track but goes anyway.
– I pay for my son to learn to be disciplined, focused, and dedicated.
– I pay for my son to learn to take care of his body and equipment.
– I pay for my son to learn to work with others and to be good team mates, gracious in defeat, and humble in success.
– I pay for my son to learn to deal with disappointment, when he doesn’t get that win he’d hoped for, but he goes back week after week giving it his best shot.
– I pay for my son to learn to make and accomplish goals.
– I pay for my son to respect, not only themselves, but other drivers, officials and coaches.
– I pay for my son to learn that it takes hours and hours, years and years, of hard work and practice to create a champion and that success does not happen overnight.
– I pay for my son to be proud of small achievements, and to work towards long term goals.
– I pay for the opportunity my son has and will have to make life-long friendships, create lifelong memories together, and to be as proud of their achievements as I am.
– I pay so that my son can be out on the track instead of in front of a screen…
…I could go on but, to be short, I don’t pay for kart racing; I pay for the opportunities that provides my son with to develop attributes that will serve him well throughout his life and give him the opportunity to bless the lives of others. From what I have seen so far I think it is a great investment!
“Amazing words that have been passed through several motorsports, sums up all the parents in the paddocks thoughts on Motorsport”
I could not be prouder of how my son has, and is developing both in and off track.
Welcome to BBR. News Page updated AUG 9, 2019. Find More speed with Wrench 2 Win DVD's. Driver Coaching call Blake (604) 783-6474. Dismiss